5 THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU DANCE
Those of you who like to get your groove on on the dance floor will probably be surprised to find out that you are doing yourself a world of good. Dancing is more than just an enjoyable activity to experience with friends or your partner; dancing has the amazing ability to improve the way your brain functions. Let’s look at five exciting things that dancing can do to your brain.
1. It will enhance neuroplasticity.
2. It will make you more intelligent.
3. It will improve your muscle memory.
4. It will slow down ageing and boost memory.
5. It will help to reduce dizziness.
Dance can be a great way to maintain and improve many of your brain functions. Dance can increase your neural connectivity because it integrates several brain functions at once; rational, musical, kinesthetic and emotional. This increased neural connectivity can be of great benefit to your brain as it ages. So, dance now and dance often!
(excerpt from lifehack.org – 5 things that will happen to your brain when you dance. by Rebecca Beris. Read full article here )
9 REASONS WHY PEOPLE DANCE
Have you always wanted to be able to glide
across a dance floor with your partner in
your arms and have others wishing they
could do the same.
Well, here are 9 reasons why people dance!
1. Humans have ALWAYS danced. Archeologists have found paintings of dancing figures dating back to 3300BC!
2. It’s a great way to RELIEVE stress!
3. Dancing is an amazing form of EXERCISE & it’s easy on your joints!
4. It makes you SMARTER & improves brain PLASTICITY!
5. It boosts CONFIDENCE & SELF ESTEEM!
6. Dance is SOCIAL!
7. It’s expressive & CREATIVE!
8. EVERYONE can do it!
9. IT’S FUN!
(excerpt from www.dancewithmeusa.com/why-we-dance-the-reasons)